The 2021 Virginia Tech Office of GIS and Remote Sensing (OGIS) Symposium
The 2021 Virginia Tech Office of GIS and Remote Sensing (OGIS) Symposium will be held (virtually) on April 30, 2021. We will kick off each OGIS Symposium Session with an engaging keynote presentations (guest speaker announcements are forthcoming) at 1:30, followed by the Symposium Student Poster / Web Map App showcase and competition (also held virtually). Cash prizes will be awarded.
- Call for Abstracts. The deadline for poster abstracts is March 23rd. Abstracts should be submitted online via https://tinyurl.com/OGIS2021
- Poster / Web App Map presentation format
- Poster presentations will be held virtually. Presenters should plan to share their posters digitally (.pdf, etc.). Additional format information will be provided after poster abstract acceptance.
- Lightning presentations (approx. 3-4 mins / presenter).
- Poster authors will be notified of acceptance. In addition to displaying your poster at the symposium, abstracts of accepted poster presentations (and the final digital posters) will be posted and archived on the Virginia Tech Office of GIS and Remote Sensing web site. (http://www.ogis.org.vt.edu ).
- Other info. The Symposium will be held on April 30 from 1:30 – 4:00, with presentations from experts in the field and student lightning round poster sessions.
Student poster awards are provided by VirginiaView.